Working at Pro Performance Sports on the SKLZ brand is all about sports, fun and helping athletes of all ages reach their full potential. With competitive compensation, exceptional benefits and an inspiring work environment, this is a wonderful place to have a career. We are constantly looking for great team members to contribute to the high level of work we do here.
If you think you fit the profile and are interested in one of the following positions, please email your résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position in the subject header. No phone calls, please.
Location: Carlsbad, CA
- Recommend inventory buys, execute related purchase orders with vendors, and approve invoices.
- Work closely with vendors to monitor status of open orders and push/pull orders out/in as necessary based on changing demand.
- Maintain appropriate inventory balance between inventory turns and fill rates.
- Set up new items in ERP system.
- Develop container load plans as necessary and maximize freight utilization with inventory buys.
- Maintain relevant internal reporting and communicate information effectively cross-functionally.
- Manage customer orders shipping directly from vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consumer goods and/or manufacturing background preferred
- Experience working with factories in China
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration skills
- 5-10 years experience in planning/buying
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience working with ERP systems
- A passion for sports
- Thrive working in a team oriented environment
Product Manager –
Location: Carlsbad, CA
You will be responsible for the Performance product range throughout
the product lifecycle. Working closely with design, sourcing, sales, marketing and
finance, you will ensure that SKLZ financial and customer satisfaction goals
are met while making a positive contribution to the SKLZ culture.
Define the category vision, revenue plan and product roadmap for
SKLZ’ Performance product range
Be the category expert with regard to the competition,
distribution channels and end users
Perform product demos to customers, both internal and external
Set pricing and distribution plans to meet revenue and margin
Be the advocate for the category within the SKLZ Team
Be an active contributor to all product management activities as
part of the expanding Product Management team.
Coordinate all product aspects of SKLZ’ relationship with
New Product Development
Recommend new product opportunities through your market knowledge
and customer insights.
Develop business cases for all new products including pricing and
channel strategy, forecasting and R&D investment return.
Write project briefs for all new products based on the seasonal
needs of each channel.
With the Director of Product Management, develop a category
development calendar for each season and consistently update the SKLZ team of
Work with the design team to ensure SKLZ standards of quality and
performance are met.
Work with the Product Development Managers to ensure projects are
progressing through the product development calendar.
Evaluate product submissions received from inventors.
Work with third parties to assess partnerships and licensing
Product Line Management
Constantly evaluate existing product line margins to ensure they
are meeting the financial objectives of the company.
Attend key trade shows and customer meetings to gain information
and feedback about the product and the market. Communicate your findings with
the SKLZ team.
Act as a spokesperson for the Company’s product and become an
expert in understanding the function of each item.
Assist with sponsored athletes and facilities as needed to gain
insights into elite athletes’ needs and maximize the value of SKLZ sponsorship
Work cross-functionally to ensure the smooth transition of product
from ideation through production, sales, support and eventual end-of-life.
- Four-Year College Degree Required
- Proficiency in MS Office
- 5+ years Product Management experience in the sporting goods industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of the sports training and fitness industry
- Demonstrated success defining and launching innovative products (please provide examples cover letter)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit customer and manufacturing locations
Product Development Manager (Sustaining)
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Product Developers at SKLZ ensure products progress through the development process from initial design concept through commercialization. Organizational skills are essential as SKLZ serves several sports categories and has many products in development at all times. This is a highly collaborative position that requires strong communication and interpersonal skills. All SKLZ Team Members ensure that SKLZ financial and customer satisfaction goals are met while making a positive contribution to the SKLZ culture.
- Coordinate the development of new variants of established products (color, materials, etc.)
- Oversee factory changes/additions for established products
- Contribute to the refinement of development, engineering, and specifications processes
- Execute to the product development timeline, following best practices as defined by SKLZ Product Development processes
- Communicate specifications and product details to the supply baseMaintain thorough documentation on all products through all phases of development
- Ensure projects track to their timing, quality and cost goals, as well as constantly communicating status to the rest of the team
- Plan and track the development schedule of all projects to ensure timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar
- Critique all prototypes, sales, & pre-production samples against the tech pack specifications for design accuracy, and functionality
- Reduce errors and delays by proactively communicating with supply base and SKLZ sourcing partners
- Partner with Operations to ensure the timely delivery of sales samples for each category
- Work with SKLZ sourcing partners and/or QC personnel to ensure the product quality/integrity of all products
- International travel to work with manufacturing partners
- Partner with Director of Quality to enact design and manufacturing changes to ensure product quality
- Work with customer service and account managers to quantify quality issues and make recommendations for project priority
- Provide technical knowledge to achieve resolution of quality issues through knowledge of various manufacturing methods
- Ensure flow of information and documentation between Product Design/Engineering and manufacturing partners is on time and being followed
- Ensure factories are using correct source files for product and packaging artwork
- Review all product and packaging artwork, as well as any material changes with manufacturing; negotiate resulting cost changes
- 5 years experience in hard goods development
- 3+ years in development in the sporting goods equipment industry
- Strong understanding of overseas sourcing and various manufacturing methods including injection molding, metalwork, cut and sew, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work with a broad range of functions and individuals toward a common goal
- Must have a track record in executing to procedures and processes
- Competency in Solidworks and Adobe Illustrator helpful
Available for 25% travel to Asia as well as occasional domestic travel
Retail and Events Internship
Locations: Miami, San Fran/San Jose, New York/Long Island,
Chicago, Washington D.C., Denver, Sacramento, Seattle, Philadelphia, Los
Angeles, Tampa, Atlanta, Dallas, Ann Arbor, Pittsburgh, Phoenix
Please Note: You must live in one of the aforementioned
cities to be considered for this position. We are not seeking people for
relocation to our Carlsbad Headquarters.
A Retail and Events Intern will execute cross promotions with SKLZ retail partners &
sponsors to drive brand image and product awareness by implementing and
supporting sports retail event day execution and management. This position will
assist with coordination of retailer training sessions, special events/programs
and promotions at independent sporting good stores and big box retailers.
- Serve as liaison between SKLZ and local/regional sporting good retailers, providing a front line effort to support merchandising of new products and displays, improve existing retail presentation and help increaseoverall sales
- Educate and motivate sales associates to expand current knowledge on SKLZ product and selling strategies
- Ability to organize, document and deliver compelling presentations related to the SKLZ brand and product awareness at local sportretail events
- Improve your hard skills and knowledge on various professional reporting, planning and communication tools
- Improve the service events with the aim of making the SKLZ training experience unforgettable by supporting the roll-out of new products,new displays set-up at retailers, training and communication to store salesteam/customers
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills. Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment with the ability to adapt to change and meet timelines without sacrificing quality
- Organize and compile customer information into a database for future promotional events
- Contribute content from retail events/promotions to support SKLZ brand via social media networks
- Execute on-site event requirements from physical set up to tear down
- Positive attitude, pro-active, and a team player
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with the ability to adapt to change and meet timelines without sacrificing quality
- Exceptional communication skills
- Have a passion for sports, performance training a plus!
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Must be actively pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degreeideally in concentration of sales/merchandising/or business management.