Working at Pro Performance Sports on the SKLZ brand is all about sports, fun and helping athletes of all ages reach their full potential. With competitive compensation, exceptional benefits and an inspiring work environment, this is a wonderful place to have a career. We are constantly looking for great team members to contribute to the high level of work we do here.
If you think you fit the profile and are interested in one of the following positions, please email your résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position in the subject header. No phone calls, please.
Director of Sales Mass/Club Channel
Location: Carlsbad, CA
will be responsible for increasing revenue and profitability with existing
account base comprised of mass, club, and home center retailers by effectively
managing all aspects of the business inclusive of assortment planning,
financial planning, forecasting, retail marketing, and leadership of
independent Sales Reps where appropriate.
In addition, the Director of Sales will identify and secure new revenue
opportunities working with key internal stakeholders to deliver the right
product and brand support necessary for long-term success. Expected results are attainment of revenue,
profitability, and forecast accuracy goals established during the annual
budgeting process. You will ensure that
the SKLZ vision, mission and values are upheld while making a positive
contribution to the company culture.
The Director of
Sales Mass/Club is expected to:
- Roll up his/her sleeves and
execute the day to day operations for the retail channel.
- Be the authority on key success
factors for his/her respective accounts.
- Optimize account assortments
and inventory allocation to achieve established margin and turn rate
- Identify revenue growth opportunities
for the channel and play a lead role with internal team members to execute
on business development initiatives.
- Contribute to product
development process through providing category insights and volume
projections for new products.
Manager for all sales and retail marketing initiatives for the channel.
3 year account objectives and build sales plans to meet/exceed goals.
and implement account and channel strategies to secure profitable growth.
present existing core and new product offerings to customers.
optimal assortment and inventory plans with major accounts.
product sell through and provide category management support to maximize
assortment productivity and ROI.
customer profitability through efficient administration of trade programs,
proper product mix management, and reduction of non-productive inventory.
and nurture relationships with major accounts.
cross functionally to implement effective and profitable growth strategies
(e.g. pallet and FOB programs).
for all product sell-in and sell-through programs for total account
and manage sell-in marketing assets with brand marketing.
leadership role in communicating go to market strategies for the channel.
of retail execution to ensure proper brand story is supported with
effective merchandising implementation at point of sale.
advertising, trade marketing programs, and expenses within budget.
to the product development process through active participation in product
reviews by providing market insights, sales performance, and customer
key stakeholder for the channel within the sales and operations forecasting
new product projections during product development process.
closely with Demand Planner to accurately forecast demand within product
input into baseline and growth initiatives for the channel during the
annual budget process.
degree from an accredited university
years of professional Sales experience
experience working with Walmart buying office
experience in retail buying and/or inventory planning is a plus
Goods industry experience
business acumen and retail analytic skills
communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
and detail oriented
about team sports and fitness
with a “can do” attitude
Location: Carlsbad, CA
- Recommend inventory buys, execute related purchase orders with vendors, and approve invoices.
- Work closely with vendors to monitor status of open orders and push/pull orders out/in as necessary based on changing demand.
- Maintain appropriate inventory balance between inventory turns and fill rates.
- Set up new items in ERP system.
- Develop container load plans as necessary and maximize freight utilization with inventory buys.
- Maintain relevant internal reporting and communicate information effectively cross-functionally.
- Manage customer orders shipping directly from vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consumer goods and/or manufacturing background preferred
- Experience working with factories in China
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration skills
- 5-10 years experience in planning/buying
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience working with ERP systems
- A passion for sports
- Thrive working in a team oriented environment
Product Manager – Soccer
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Define, create, modify, and manage the category vision, revenue plan, and product roadmap for SKLZ' Soccer product range
The Product Manager - Performance is expected to:
- Identify category growth opportunities through your market knowledge, research, and customer insights.
- Be the category/cultural expert with regard to the competition, distribution channels and end users
- Set pricing and distribution plans to meet revenue and margin goals
- Serve as the category lead within the SKLZ Product Team, guiding the efforts of Design, Engineering, and Development
- Create product briefs for each season in order to meet needs of the customer
- Serve as main communication window to the Sales and Marketing teams
- Coordinate all product aspects of SKLZ’ relationship with EXOS (formerly Athletes’ Performance)
Product Line Management
- Constantly evaluate existing product line margins and efficiency to ensure category is supporting the financial objectives of the company
- Attend trade shows and customer meetings to gain information and feedback about the product and the market. Communicate your findings with the SKLZ team.
- Act as a spokesperson for the SKLZ' Soccer product and become an expert in understanding the function of each item
- Assist with sponsored athletes and facilities as needed to gain insights into elite athletes’ needs and maximize the value of SKLZ sponsorship investment
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the smooth transition of product from ideation through production, sales, support and eventual end-of-life
New Product Creation
- Develop business cases for all new products including pricing and channel strategy, forecasting and R&D investment return
- Follow the product instruction calendar for each season, and consistently update the SKLZ team of product status
- Work with the design team to ensure SKLZ standards of quality and performance are met
- Evaluate product submissions received from inventors
- Four-Year College Degree Required
- 5+ years Product Management or Marketing experience with an enthusiast-driven brand
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Soccer specialty channel and products sold there
- Demonstrated success defining and launching innovative products (please provide examples cover letter)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit customer and manufacturing locations