EXOS founder Mark Verstegen has worked with World Cup champions for over a decade. Dynamic warm-ups are an important part of training that decrease the risk of injury and improve performance. Try these 3 movements with your team today.
MINI BAND: LATERAL BENT LEG WALK STEPS
- Start in a quarter-squat position with feet hip-width apart and a Mini Band at mid-thigh.
- Walk purposefully to the side. Drive elbows back with each step and move from the trailing leg as you keep feet hip-width apart.
- Complete 8 to 10 steps on each side Repeat for 1-2 sets.
Keep the chest up and back flat with maintaining constant tension on the Mini Band. For additional load, place a second Mini Band around ankles.
Working the glutes.
SQUAT: WITH MINI BAND STEPS
- Stand tall with feet pointing forward, hip-width apart and a Mini Band at mid-thigh. Arms are relaxed at the sides.
- Squat back and down until thighs are parallel to the ground. Arms raise in front.
- Return to standing by pushing through the hips and lowering the arms. Complete 10 reps and repeat for 1-2 sets.
Maintain tension on the Mini Band by keeping the knees spread out.
Working glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
6X HURDLE: 3 HURDLE DRILL TO ACCELERATION
- Stand to the side of a line of three 6X HURDLES.
- Shuffle laterally through the 6X HURDLES.
- Once completely through, cut back on the outside leg and repeat in the opposite direction.
- At the start, sprint at a 45-degree angle for 10 yards.
- Repeat in the opposite direction with the opposite leg.
Step over each 6X HURDLE by driving off of your trailing leg and accelerate by driving the feet down and back into the ground.
Working the entire body.