I’d like to congratulate Jeff Schade and his Iowa Hawkeyes on letting Penn State hand them a win. In accordance with our prior agreement, here is the definitive list of why The University of Iowa is better than Penn State.
1) They have a bass fishing team (pictured above)
2) The school nickname is the only nickname connected directly to the optic nerve of a predatory bird
3) Tom Brokaw dropped out of The University of Iowa, where he says he majored in "beer and co-eds".
4) University of Iowa is home to the National Advanced Driving Simulator
5) First public university to admit men and women on an equal bases when its doors opened to students in 1855. You know what they say “Iowa, where the men are men, and the women are too.”
6) 79% of Iowa’s dentists went to the University of Iowa
7) It’s only $4 to visit the University of Iowa Athletic Hall of Fame
8) U.S. News and World Report ranked the Mechanical Engineering department the #48th in the country. Gooooooo Hawkeye ME Majors!
9) The Daily Iowan was the first daily college newspaper west of the Mississippi.
10) University of Iowa is the largest school in the only state that can claim #1 ranking according to the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service for Corn for Grain Production, Soybean Production, Commercial Hog Slaughter, Value of Hogs on Farms and Egg Production.
So there you have it, a comprehensive list of why the University of Iowa is so amazing.