SETUP AND USAGE
The Velocity Ball automatically detects the speed of a pitched ball, and displays that information in the speed screen.
By first setting up the distance between pitching location and receiver, the Velocity Ball will be calibrated for accurate readings at that distance.
Please follow the steps below to set up the Velocity Ball for correct operation.
1. To "wake" the speed screen, hit the ball with your hand once. If the distance shown (46' or 60') is the one you would like to use, the ball is ready for use.
If you wish to change the distance monitored, go to step 2.
2. With a coin or flathead screwdriver, unscrew (turning counterclockwise) the plastic battery cap and remove it. Then remove the battery. Once the screen goes blank, place the battery back in its original position and screw the cap back on. This resets the distance settings and puts the Velocity Ball into Setup Mode for 2 minutes.
3. Within the two minutes of Setup Mode, hit the ball twice against your hand quickly to change the distance setting. You can repeat this as necessary within the 2-minute Setup Mode to ensure the distance is set correctly. Once the screen indicates your desired distance, allow the 2-minute Setup Mode time to run out (the speed screen should start flashing "00"). This will lock in your distance setting, and you'll be ready to use the Velocity Ball to monitor your pitches.
4. If, for some reason, you lock in the wrong setting or want to change the setting, repeat steps 2 and 3 until you've locked in the correct distance setting.
The Velocity Ball will then be ready for use.
Using the Velocity Ball
1. Make sure your distance from the pitching mound to the back of home plate (where your catcher will catch the ball) matches the distance displayed on the Velocity Ball's screen (46' or 60' 6"). If the screen is off, you can simply hit the ball once to "wake" it. You're ready to start pitching.
2. Pitch the ball to your catcher, and the screen will instantly display the pitch speed after the Velocity Ball is caught. For the most accurate results, the catcher should catch it squarely in the middle of his or her glove. (Do not use with a pitchback.
Readings will be inaccurate.)
3. The number on the screen will start flashing after a few seconds; this is the standby mode that indicates the ball is "reset" and is ready for the next pitch.
4. The Velocity Ball also has an "Auto Power Off " function that automatically puts it into sleep mode if the ball is not in use for 3 minutes. To exit sleep mode, hit the ball once.
5. If the battery life gets low, the screen display will start to blur. Please replace the battery (LR-41 mercury battery) when this happens.
WARNING: This product includes a delicate electronic device.
To prolong the product's lifespan and avoid malfunction:
1. Do not use this product for batting.
2. Do not throw it against a hard wall or the ground. Always throw it toward a catcher wearing proper mitt and safety equipment.
3. Do not use this product on a traffic road, or crowded area.
4. Do not use this product in the rain or on wet ground. The product is not 100% waterproof, and might not function correctly if water leaks into internal components.
5. Do not use this product for any purpose other than determining ball pitching speed.