Title: Product Design Intern
Location: Carlsbad, CA
As a product design intern you will assist with the development and execution of various design concepts and documenting new and existing products through producing detailed CAD models and production documents. In addition to individual design projects, interns are required to assist with administrative, promotional and other production tasks.
The design intern will be taking products from the concept sketch to the factory floor in a creative and high pace environment on broad ranging projects across multiple sports through the SKLZ brand and outdoor shelters and chairs through the Sport-Brella brand.
- 3D Modeling & CAD
- Product Design
- Model Making and Prototyping
- Product Development
Ideal candidate will:
- At least a third year student, recent graduate or some industry experience.
- High level of competency in SolidWorks.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator/CorelDraw also beneficial (not essential).
- Proficient at producing detailed 2D engineering drawings for production.
- Proficient at rendering, sketching, and model making.
- Experience with soft-goods design and prototyping (sewing/stitching skills) also beneficial (not essential).
- Possessive of excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a passion for sports
- Communicate exceptional design abilities (sketching, sophisticated form development, CAD, rendering and 2D engineering drawings)
- Have the ability to ability to push the envelope with fresh creativity and problem-solving.