Location: Carlsbad, CA
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Web Designer will be responsible for supporting the Web Team in all facets of Pro Performance Sports visual design strategy and execution, user experience, web site creative production and external online marketing assets across the Pro Performance Sports network of sites including SKLZ, Sport-Brella and other upcoming web properties.
- Responsible for creating on-site graphic elements, visual designs, and solutions for day-to-day production of site for features, image/content updates, product marketing launches, and promotions
- Design, develop and produce onsite web promotions and external collateral, including but not limited to, new and existing product launches, banners, 3rd party promotions, emails, presentations and sales materials, social media, and overall visual site enhancements
- Communicate design goals and messages to creative participants and key stakeholders, ensuring integration of design requirements into all phases of production
Education and Training:
2-3 years experience in hands-on Visual/Web Design and Flash development
BA in Graphic Design or related field (experience in lieu of degree is acceptable)
Skills and Abilities:
- Visual Design
- A strong understanding of current web design best practices, styles and methodology
- Ability to work from wireframes to create layout in Photoshop
- Create/edit/optimize video files for online deployment
- Must be a team player with drive, dedication and a positive attitude, someone with a "whatever it takes to get the job done" approach.
- Ability to work independently with little direction, and to follow established brand principal and creative guidelines
- Ability to define, champion and continually improve creative styles, technology and operational processes
- Ability to think strategically and work tactically
- Adeptness at multi-tasking and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passion and experience and/or knowledge about a variety of sports strongly preferred.
Software and Language Requirements:
- Familiarity with Web 2.0/emerging technologies
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Flash CS3 or CS4, including Actionscript 2 or 3
- Ability to create interactive, dynamic Flash components
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Photoshop
- Strongly Desired: Experience with Final Cut Pro or similar
- Understanding of video compression techniques and codecs
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Understanding of current HTML specifications
- Strongly Desired: Familiarity with future web technologies, including HTML 5
Please email or fax your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or 858.244.0611. No phone calls please.