Title: Product Manager
Location: Carlsbad, CA
As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product planning and executing throughout the product lifecycle, including: working closely with production, sales and marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Be an expert with regard to the competition
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Perform product demos to customers
- Help set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
New Product Development
- Recommend new product opportunities through market analysis and industry trends
- Oversee the product submissions received from Inventors
- Work with the production team to develop new, innovative products
- Recommend pricing for current and new products to maximize revenue and ensure competitiveness within the market
- Develop and administer business strategy for new and existing products, including market position and how it contributes to the Company's strategic objectives.
- Work with third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
Product Launch and Lifecycle
- Develop and implement the strategies and tactics to ensure the product line success.
- Attend key trade shows and customer meetings to gain information and feedback about the product.
- Act as a spokesperson for the Company's product and become an expert in understanding the function of each item.
- Assist with sponsored professional players and key spokespersons for each product.
- Develop different product assortments, packaging and SKU options for different channels of distribution.
- Monitor the products gross/net margins to ensure they are meeting the financial objectives of the company.
- Four-Year College Degree Required
- Proficiency in MS Office
- 5+ years Product Management Experience
- Demonstrated success defining and launching innovative products
Ideal candidate will:
- Possess very strong analytical skills
- Have a passion for sports
- Be a team player
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have a history of exceeding expectations
- Be very detail oriented
- Possess a can do attitude and a passion for business
Competitive Benefits Package, including:
- Salary of $75K, plus bonus potential based on company and individual performance
- 80% paid health and dental insurance
- 100% paid life insurance
- 125 Flexible Spending
- Gym Membership